News & Alerts
Your go-to source for up-to-date industry news, trends, best-practices, advisories, alerts and restrictions, weather events, travel resources, industry events and conferences, and the latest updates about GRT and our partners.
Cybersecurity: Top 10 Tips for Business
Cybersecurity threats are real, and organizations and their workforce are often attractive targets. As a business owner, it’s critical to implement the best tools and tactics you can to protect yourself, your customers, and your people.
Many organizations often don’t consider themselves targets for cyberattacks because they think that they don’t have anything worth stealing. However, they do have valuable information cybercriminals seek, including employee and customer data, bank account information and access to the organization’s finances, and intellectual property. They also provide access to larger networks such as supply chains and group accounts.
Here are the Top 10 Cybersecurity Tips for Business:
1. Protect against viruses, spyware, ransomware, and other malicious code.
2. Secure your computer networks and internet connections
3. Establish security practices and policies to protect sensitive information
4. Educate your workforce about cyberthreats and hold them accountable
5. Require your workforce to use strong passwords and to change them often
6. Employ best practices on payment cards
7. Make backup copies of important business data and information
8. Control physical access to computers and network components
9. Create a mobile device action plan
10. Protect all public-facing website pages, not just the checkout and sign-up
For much more information about cybersecurity click here.
Grow Your Business.
Full-service solutions for insurance distribution, fulfillment and support.